Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Downstream PV Intelligence Service (4)
- Energy Storage Intelligence Service (4)
- Energy Storage Intelligence Service - North America (2)
- Global Solar Intelligence Service (2)
- PV Inverter Intelligence Service (3)
- PV Module Intelligence Service (4)
- Solar Intelligence Service - North America (6)
- Solar Intelligence Service - Premium (7)
Solar mandate for new home construction in California provides a boost to the US residential solar industryMay 11, 2018On May 9 2018, the California Energy Commission (CEC) voted to approve measures associated with California’s Building Energy Efficiency Standards that require solar to be incorporated with all new residential homes in the state starting January 1 2020. The standards have been designed to help California meet its goals for reducing greenhouse emissions and attaining a renewable portfolio standard (RPS) of 50% by 2030.
Despite uncertainty generated by domestic policy reform, the United States will remain a top 3 global market for PVJanuary 16, 2018IHS Markit recently cut its PV installation forecast for the United States by over 6 GW from 2018 to 2021, primarily due to a weakened environment for utility-scale PV as new import tariffs threaten to negatively impact the economics of such projects. Provided new tariffs are eventually imposed at or around the 30% level proposed by the United States International Trade Commission (US ITC), IHS Markit forecasts the United States will remain a top 3 global market for PV, along with China and India, installing a total of 57 GW from 2018 to 2021.