In June 2020, the IHS Markit Teardowns and Cost Benchmarking business was sold to TechInsights. For sales and customer support of these products, please contact TechInsights at email@example.com to complete your request. Please add IHS Markit Inquiry in the subject line.
The CPL Q2 product is now available. Please log into the Techinsights platform and select the Component Price Landscape from the dashboard to access the latest edition as well as previous publications
The Component Price Landscape (CPL) is a quarterly service that uniquely provides manufacturer part number (MPN)-level benchmark and forecast pricing and leadtimes for 42,000+ MPNs, representing over 404,000+ form, fit, or function MPNs. The MPNs in CPL are high-volume, multi-sourced electronic components used in a wide variety of electronic devices.
Two types of price points are provided:
- Global contract sourcing from APAC pricing data comes from "real" contract purchasers of components
- Franchise distribution pricing representing the “lowest” price found from searchable franchise distribution
CPL price points provide a unique and valuable perspective on forecasted pricing trends and real price ranges customer can expect to pay depending on their purchasing capabilities.
- Four-quarter historical pricing
- Four-quarter price forecast
- 218 part type categories (Click here for part type coverage)
- 42,000+ manufacturer part numbers
- Represents 404,000+ form, fit, or function manufacturer part numbers
- Commodity level price trends with categories and taxonomy structure sourced directly from IHS Markit BOM Intelligence
- Pricing represents global contract sourcing from APAC and lowest distributor price found online.
- Rolling 12 month High/Low Distributor price per MPN displayed as well.
- Lead time and supplier flexibility at part-type level
Annual subscription includes 4 calendar quarter updates (January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1)
Key Issues Addressed
- Are my component costs in line with current and forecast benchmark pricing?
- What are the benchmarking price trends over time at a commodity level?
- I need an efficient way to benchmark my components are within the range of the lowest Distributor price and contract benchmark price?
- OEMS: Procurement, Market Research
- Component Manufacturers: Marketing, Product Management
- ODMs/EMS: Strategic Purchasing
- Financial Community
Executive Director, Cost Benchmarking Services
Andrew Rassweiler manages the cost benchmarking services at IHS, which includes the teardown service as well as Component Price Tracker™, and Component Health Watch™ services.